Hello Ruby is not the only Ruby course you should ever take but it should be your first!
Here are a few reasons why you might want to learn Ruby:
- It is beginner friendly. Ruby was a programming language built for people. It was meant to have a low learning curve so beginners could get started right away!
- It is incredibly popular among developers. It is the third most tagged programming language on GitHub.
- High work demand. It is listed as the fourth most popular programming language on Angel List, a premier site for Startups.
Here are a few things you will learn in just the first two hours:
* Ruby expressions
* Ruby variables
* Ruby strings
* Ruby escape sequence in strings
* Ruby method converting strings to numbers
* Ruby numbers
* Ruby math operations and comparisons
* Ruby method converting numbers to strings
* Ruby methods on an object
* Ruby comments
* Ruby "puts" and "print"
* Ruby "gets"
* Ruby input, storage and output
* Ruby string interpolation
* Ruby object inspection with "inspect" and "p" methods
* Ruby conditionals
* Ruby loops - for and while
We will learn about all of these while building our first program! This course teaches you the language of Ruby and then gives you an opportunity to speak, program, in that language.
Hello Ruby isn't the only course you should ever take but it should be your first!
Welcome to Hello Ruby!
- Beginning programming student wanting to learn Ruby
Hi! My name is Rob and I am a Front End Engineer at Subsplash in Seattle. I started coding around three years ago. Which means that I know some stuff but I also remember what it means to know nothing.